I know what you may be thinking: wait, what? It is already two weeks into 2019, what do I mean hello? Well, for me, for me today is the first day of the new year. Yes, it is January 14, 2019; however, I am just now getting down to the nitty gritty and start my new year right.
The last two weeks have been amazing: got a different position at work, took a spur-of-the-moment ski trip to Colorado, and have eaten lots of burgers. I have been so busy living that I haven’t gotten to my lists, resolutions, budgets, and writing like my normal, high-anxiety, overly-organized self. And it has been great.
So HELLOOOOO 2019!! I’m ready for a new start!
But guess what? If you didn’t go to the gym on New Years Day because you worked all day it is okay. If you had a hamburger and chocolate milkshake (which the writer of the post may or may not have done) the world doesn’t end. In saying all this, I am definitely ready to set new goals and see what I can accomplish in the coming year.
Ant-Man said it best, “…my pap-pap always said, ‘You do something right you make a list. So we should do that…”
- Writing // I am a writer. This is who I am and what I need to do to survive the monotony of everyday living. It doesn’t matter if it is good writing: I just need to write and I need your help. If I see you on a daily basis or not please keep me focused. Ask me if I have written. Remind me to write. Or just put pen and paper in front of me and tell me to write.
- Health // My goal is to be healthy this year. Go to the gym. Run. Drink water. All the usual goals over-achievers list every year; however, I want to add, avoiding toxic people, limit superfluous activities, and focusing on self-care.
- A Vintage Nomad // One of my main goals this year is to focus on my website, Youtube channel, and social media sites. Documenting my travels, adventures, and lifestyle.
- Time // A new year means new opportunities to spend your time both good and bad. I want to make sure I am spending my time with the people I love and the people that love me. As well as not worry about things that do not matter.
- Adventure // I want to continue living life to the fullest and see where the new year takes me. I have an idea of where I’m going and it will be exciting to watch it unfold.
Let me know what your goals are and how you plan to achieve them. I look forward to hearing everyone’s thoughts on the coming year! Here is to 2019, may we all learn and grow from each other. Just a reminder to keep your friends close and you enemies closer this year.